Saturday, February 5, 2011

AJOA: Day 5

Day 5: A favorite quote

I put off writing this all day, because I couldn't decide on a favorite quote. Now that I'm finally sitting down to write, I still can't decide.

Oddly enough, this is different from the indecision I experienced on the previous posts. For those, it was hard to decide because I have so many favorite books and movies. But I don't have a bunch of favorite quotes. When I tried to think of one, nothing came to mind. A favorite quote should be a sort of motto, a summary or representation of your philosophy on life. And yeah, I have one of those, but I made it up myself. And it would seem awfully egotistical to quote myself in this post.

Someday, I'll find the words I'm looking for. I just haven't yet. So in the meantime, here are a few noteworthy runners-up:

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” -- George Bernard Shaw

"It is our choices... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- J.K. Rowling

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis

 Tune in tomorrow for some more annoying indecision!

No comments:

Post a Comment