Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Untitled No. 2

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." --John Green

Untitled #2 (Blue)

Blue.
Simple, human-- it suits you
Or it did, then.
I remember blue;
I remember “Hello.”

But then I fell,
Like the shadow I am,
At your feet: a feeble imitation.
My hands strung with thread
To the tips of
Your fingers,
I dance, silent.

Now,
I see you only in black,
Mirrored fragments, grinning and godlike,
Inky footprints fresh across my mind.
You left an ember
In my chest;
I burned to ash.

Time passed--
I forgot what you are. Forgive me;
Perhaps one day I'll
See you again
In blue.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful... where you in to them too much? I love you quote- I have worshiped people before (and still do) but that only destroys any hope of a normal relationship.

    I think this is what you're talking about, but then I could be very wrong!

    ReplyDelete